What is UpSorb?
UpSorb is a twice-a-day bioavailability and absorption enhancer formulated to help you get more from your daily supplements and meals.
You've no doubt heard the saying -- "you are what you eat."
And this is true to a certain extent as the food we eat is broken down by our bodies into individuals nutrients, which are then absorbed and used to build and repair the very cells that our bodies are made of.
But, did you notice that crucial link in the middle between the digestion of food and cellular repair?
So, while you could say "you are what you eat", it's more appropriate to say "you are what you absorb."
In other words, the effect of any nutrient (from whole food or supplement) is directly influenced by how much we absorb (i.e. the bioavailable dose), not necessarily how much we ingest.
You see, we don't actually absorb 100% of the food (or supplements) we ingest. In fact, the actual amount of nutrients our bodies absorb from food can range between 10% to 90%!
That's a tremendous gap!
Now, macronutrients like proteins, carbohydrates, and fats are highly bioavailable, and as such, they are readily absorbed by the body.
Micronutrients (vitamins, minerals, polyphenols, etc.), however, are a whole other story.
Not only are they typically packaged in whole foods alongside other compounds that limit their bioavailability, but they also have to contend with the bacteria and digestive enzymes of our GI system that are tasked with breaking them down and making them available for absorption, which usually occurs in the small intestine.
What's more is that our bodies rely on these vitamins and minerals to carry out hundreds and hundreds of various processes, which means if we're not efficiently absorbing nutrients, we develop deficiencies which can lead to a host of unwanted consequences, not the least of which is delayed recovery and muscle growth!
So, while much of the focus these days regarding dietary supplements is making sure what's listed on the tub is actually in the bottle (and make no mistake, that is important).
It's also important to consider the fact that your body may or may not be absorbing all of the nutrients from your supplement.
UpSorb was specifically created to help your digestive system utilize more of the great foods and supplements you use on a daily basis to keep healthy and fit.
By optimizing gut health and inhibiting key enzymes in the digestive tract, UpSorb can unlock your supplement's full potential facilitating greater nutrient uptake of key amino acids, healthy fats, vitamins, botanicals, and minerals.
The Science Behind UpSorb
- Comprised of a highly purified and fractionated complex of Panax notoginseng and Astragalus membranaceus produced via pharmaceutical extraction and processing.*
- Shown in 16 in-vitro and eight in-vivo studies to increase bioavailability and absorption of several key nutrients, including fish oil (100% increase), L-Citrulline (45% increase), and Curcumin (92% increase).*
- Astragin improves nutrient absorption by up-regulating mRNA and transporters, such as SGLT1, CAT1, and GLUT4. These transporters regulate the amount of amino acids, vitamins, and other nutrients that enter into the intestinal cells. This is important as any nutrients that do not enter these cells will be excreted.*
- AstraGin has been documented in studies to improve the uptake of numerous amino acids, including arginine (67% increase), creatine (33% increase), and leucine (58% increase). This is especially noteworthy as muscle protein synthesis is directly impacted by the availability of leucine (the anabolic "trigger" for muscle growth).*
- AstraGin may also support better muscle recovery and growth following training as studies on ginsenosides (one of the active components in AstraGin) note that it activates the mTOR signal pathway by regulating upstream kinases in muscle cells.
- Astragalosides, another active component in AstraGin®, affects mTOR via its regulation on insulin levels.*
- In vivo studies also indicate that AstraGin has a beneficial impact on gut health due to its ability to reduce inflammation in the intestinal wall by 73%.*
- Animal studies note that AstraGin may help repair ulcerated and damaged intestinal walls in colitis-induced subjects.*
- Lastly, AstraGin may help suppress appetite as up-regulates tryptophan absorption by 53%. Tryptophan is an amino acid used to produce serotonin, a neurotransmitter that acts as an appetite-reducing (anorexigenic) signal in the brain.*
- May also support healthy gut flora population
- Black pepper is one of the most widely used spices in the world.*
- BioPerine is a standardized extract from the fruit of Piper nigrum L (black pepper) containing 95% piperine.*
- BioPerine enhances nutrient bioavailability by inhibiting enzymes that metabolize nutrients (such as CYP3A4) as well as proteins that contribute to first-pass elimination of drugs (such as P-glycoprotein).*
- Piperine (the active component of BioPerine) has also been noted to stimulate amino acid transporters, facilitating greater uptake of amino acids into the bloodstream.*
- Lastly, piperine inhibits the cell pump responsible for drug elimination from cells.*
- Piperine has documented to enhance the bioavailability of several of the most frequently used daily health supplements including curcumine (2000% increase), resveratrol (229% increase), and CoQ10 (30% increase).*