Benefits of NutraBio Taurine Powder
- Works as an ion and pH buffer in the heart and skeletal muscles and central nervous system.
- Taurine is instrumental in preventing loss of potassium from heart muscle.
- Aids in the digestion of fat, soluble vitamins, and the management of cholesterol levels.
- Aids electrolyte balance and proper utilization of sodium, potassium, calcium and magnesium.
- Improves cell volumization and makes muscles appear larger.
- Improves anabolic processes and boosts protein synthesis.
Taurine (2-Aminoethane sulfonic acid) is a conditionally essential free-form amino acid that is the most abundant free amino acid in many tissues and participates in a variety of metabolic processes. Taurine is found at high levels in the heart and skeletal muscle, white blood cells, the central nervous system, and is a building block for all other amino acids.
Taurine is different than most other amino acids because it is not incorporated into proteins but it does play many roles in the body, including bile acid conjugation, detoxification, membrane stabilization, osmoregulation, and modulation of excitatory neurotransmission and intracellular calcium levels. The mean taurine intake in humans is estimated to be around 60 mg daily, but supplementation can far exceed this amount and readily increases taurine levels in many tissues.
The taurine used in this free form L-Taurine and our CGT-MAX supplement is produced through chemical synthesis. Absolutely no animal products or by-products are used in its manufacture and there is absolutely no animal urine used in the manufacturing process. This is pure taurine, USP grade - USP26/JP8. This taurine is NON-GMO, BSE/TSE free, and is not treated in any way including irradiation and EtO. This product is free of solvents, preservatives, and pesticides.